Friday, December 16, 2011

A Quilt in a Day?!

I started and finished a quilt in one day, actually in less than 10 hours and that's started and finished a single quilt!  The fabric arrived in the mail around 1PM and I was throwing it in the washing machine around 10:30PM.  Now its just a baby quilt, measures about 33 X 40, but still, I'm pretty impressed with myself.


Colton's Quilt

I cut all of the fabric and arranged the layout of the rows.

Colton's Quilt

I chain pieced the rows and then added the sashing.

Colton's Quilt

Pieced the backing and basted it all together.  Then, for the very first time, stippled the whole thing!  I love stippling, but haven't had the guts to try it out on a quilt so I just decided to dive in and do it.  I am so glad I did.  I think I did pretty good for my first time!



Colton's Quilt
Colton's QuiltSorry for the shadows, I was in a bit of a hurry and didn't even notice!

And voila!  A baby quilt for my nephew for Christmas!

Colton's QuiltColton's Quilt

This is one of Amy's quilt patterns over at Oh, Fransson!, it's this one.  Super easy and came together in a flash! ;)  Made from 38 charm squares and 5/8 of a yard of fabric for the sashing!


Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Cheerful Homemaker said...

Wow that's awesome! I was hard-pressed to get 15 minutes at my sewing machine the other night.