Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Hurray!

Just waiting to be used...

This is how my machine has been sitting or the past few weeks: ready, but not doing anything.  The last time I used it I put on my darning foot so it would be ready to go.  I figured this would keep me for working on anything else until I worked on Katie's Quilt and it worked.

Quilting

With my nieces arriving this weekend for a two week visit I knew I needed to get my butt in gear and get this quilt done.  So two nights ago I sat down at my machine with the quilt and vowed not to move from my seat until the quilting was finished.  Well, when you have a three year old that is pretty impossible, BUT I did finish the quilting before I went to bed!  It felt awesome!  Now I just need to make and attach the binding and finish clipping the seams so it would fray nicely in the wash (which felt never ending).


Zebra Binding

First thing yesterday morning I got started on the binding, finished that up and attached it to the quilt.  I had to take a break to watch my three month old nephew for a bit, but then back to work.  I hadn't decided if I was going to finish the binding by hand or machine, but I decided to do it by machine and I am quite happy with how it turned out!  It was awesome to see a finished quilt coming out the back of the machine!  I still had to finish clipping the seams, but I couldn't wait to get it in the wash!

Once I had it in the wash I could hardly contain my excitement!  It was done and I couldn't wait to see the results of my very first FINISHED quilt!

So with out further ado...


Katie's Quilt


Katie's Quilt


Katie's Quilt


Quilt
I LOVE the texture that was created on the back!


Katie's Quilt

Over all I am happy with how this quilt turned out.  I would prefer it without the fraying, but that is what she wanted.  I'm just thrilled that it is done and I can move on.  I have felt so guilty working on anything else while this quilt was waiting to be finished!  So now I am free to work on new projects...like my Rainbow Charm Swap Quilt!

Rainbow Charm Pinwheel

I decided on pinwheels.  I'm pretty excited about this quilt, but I must say it's a bit disappointing that two 5" squares cut up and sewn back together only come out 5.75"!  I'll get over it...


There are a few more photos of Katie's Quilt over on my Flickr if you are interested.

1 comment:

Jennifer Mathis of Ellison Lane said...

Christine, I love the circle quilting- so pretty! And the stripe is really great for the binding. Can't wait to see your pinwheels. They will look great!