Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Leftovers

My Giant Swoon left me with 32 nice big triangles.  I've been wanting to make a zig-zag quilt for a while now so I decided to turn these into one.  I ended up cutting them in half to double the HSTs I would have to work with and I came up with this:


Zig-Zag

It measures 28x33 inches.  I haven't decided what else I will do to it, a boarder I'm sure, but I don't know how big.

When doing the math to make my Giant Swoon block I made a stupid mistake when it came to the squares for all of the HSTs.  I ended up cutting them two whole inches too big.  So after sewing all of the squares together and cutting them apart I went through the bunch and cut those two inches off before I opened them up and pressed the seams open.

I should have taken a picture, but this left me with two 2 inch wide strips sewn together at an angle at one end.  I was able to trim a nice little HST off the end that measured 2 inches square and the rest became the boarder for the Giant Swoon block.  So now I had all of the HSTs I would need to make a mini Swoon block!  I just needed to scrounge up the fabric to make the rest of the block ( I had to piece together a couple of the pieces.)  I ended up with this:


Swoon Mini

My first mini quilt!  I'm pretty happy with it and now I have something to hang up in my sewing area!

Happy sewing!


Christine

4 comments:

Debra said...

Beautiful little swoon!

Cindy Sharp said...

Love your mini swoon.....Sigh!

Library Gal Quilts said...

I have had a really hard time with the Swoon pattern :( but I am keeping on anyway. I love the mini version. Do you have the cutting measurements?

Deanna said...

Just found this and I love your mini swoon! How big does it measure? Beautiful.