Friday, January 20, 2012

Snow Day



I guess winter is finally here for those of us here in the Midwest, two snow storms within a week of each other would probably say so.  It's been snowing all day and it is really piling up out there.  Riley has been talking nonstop about making a snow man so maybe tomorrow if it's a bit warmer than today we will tackle that project!  I can't remember the last time I made a snow man.



I have my Just Wing It baby quilt basted and about halfway quilted.  I have to say I am terribly disappointed with how the quilting is going.  I think it as to do with how I basted it, but I am getting a lot of puckering on the top!  I don't think I had the top as taught as the backing so once I started quilting the side to side lines (after already doing the top to bottom lines) there is more fabric on the top than on the back and it is folding over the perpendicular lines that have already been quilted. 

I hate to say it, but I am far too lazy to go back and unpick all the the quilting I have already done.  The puckers are pretty small and I think they wont be so bad after a wash and dry...I hope!  I should have it in the wash tonight so I guess we will see...


Christine

1 comment:

Cindy Sharp said...

Oh, beautiful snow. Sigh. It was 78 degrees here (North Texas) yesterday. It was lovely, but totally wrong for January.